One of the Industry’s Highest Capacity, Highest Performing Three-stream ZoneFlex 7982 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi Access Point for Carriers and Enterprises
For enterprises and carriers requiring increased wireless performance, capacity, unparalleled ease of use and greater business value, particularly within high-density environments, the ZoneFlex 7982 is one of the most reliable and highest performing product in the industry. The ZoneFlex 7982 delivers consistent performance and maintains stable connections within high-capacity environments and to smart mobile devices that constantly change their location and orientation. The simple variation of a device’s orientation can account for up to a 5x performance degradation among Wi-Fi products unable to adapt to such changes. To address these challenges, the ZoneFlex 7982 is the only three-stream 802.11n access point to combine dynamic polarization diversity with adaptive antenna arrays and transmit beamforming to give customers up to a 4x improvement in Wi-Fi performance, signal gain and reception.
High Capacity and Reliability
Ruckus ZoneFlex 7982 is one of the industry’s first dual-band, three-stream 802.11n access point that incorporates Ruckus-patented BeamFlex™+ adaptive antenna arrays. Coupled with transmit beamforming (TxBF), when available, the ZoneFlex 7982 delivers the highest throughput of any AP in its class.
The ZoneFlex 7982 ensures the most reliable connectivity within challenging and ever-changing RF environments. With BeamFlex+, the ZoneFlex 7982 offers a 2-4x increase in performance and range and is capable of delivering up to 6dB of signal-to-interference-plus-noise (SINR) improvement and up to 15dB of interference mitigation over other APs. Capable of supporting 500 concurrent clients, the ZoneFlex 7982 simultaneously supports spatial multiplexing and BeamFlex+ to deliver the best price/performance of any three-stream 802.11n AP.
With a theoretical throughput of 450Mbps per radio, the ZoneFlex 7982 ensures maximum throughput to three-stream capable clients while also improving single and dual-stream client performance.
The ZoneFlex 7982 integrates a patented software-controlled adaptive antenna array that delivers additional signal gain per radio chain. As BeamFlex+ adapts to client locations and RF signal polarity, the smart antenna array transmit and receive on a per packet basis. This allows for up to 4x improvement in signal range and a reduction in packet loss. By combining BeamFlex+ with the transmit-based beamforming, the ZoneFlex 7982 is capable of delivering up to 9dB of transmission gain.
Ultra high performance and cost effective
- Three-stream MIMO 3×3:3
- Concurrent dual-band (5GHz/2.4GHz) support
- 450 Mbps of user throughput per radio
- Up to 6dB of signal-to-interference and noise (SINR) improvement and up to 15dB of interference mitigation
- Transmit beamforming capable
- Capable of supporting over 500 clients
- Novel channel selection approach delivering up to 50 percent capacity gain over alternative background scanning approaches
Adaptive antenna arrays and Automatic interference mitigation
- Up to 4 times extended range and coverage
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
- Dual polarized adaptive antenna arrays with 21 antenna elements and over 3000 antenna patterns for ultra-reliability
Concurrent support for HD IPTV, VoIP and data
- Support for isochronous, multicast IP video streaming
- Four queues per client station
Smart meshing increases flexibility, reduces costs
- Smart Mesh Networking
- Admission control/load balancing
Differentiated services with multiple SSIDs
- 16 BSSIDs with unique QoS and security policies
- WEP, WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support
- Zero-IT and Dynamic PSK
- Captive portal and guest accounts
- RADIUS and Active Directory support